Fire Protection Designer (Entry Level)
This position involves design, coordination and project management of fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial and residential building.
This person will utilize computer aided design skills to product submittals and working plans for the successfully completion of the project along with initial planning, schedule of time, creating material stock lists, analyzing changes and solving problems.
- Construction Management degree, Engineering degree or other applicable degree from technical school or college is required.
- Demonstrated ability with AutoSprink or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software is desirable.
- AutoCAD experience is required.
- Ability to perform work in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Works well with others.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with Architects, Engineers, sub-contractors, General Contractors and Owners to gather the required information to design the fire sprinkler system.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD or AutoSprink programs.
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project.
- Perform hydraulic calculations.
- Develop initial schedules for installation.
- Maintain historical records for the project.
- Ensure work meets applicable codes.
- Coordination with team members to assure successful project.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
See all of our current job openings.