Careers at VFP Fire Systems
Sales RepresentativeLocation: Fort Wayne, IN
Responsible for estimating costs of promotion and sale of fire protection systems and products to developers, contractors, and end users.
- Ability to work independently and with proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; ability to professionally communicate with all levels of leadership, customers, and employees.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, ability to be resourceful and proactive when completing duties
- Three or more years of consultative selling experience in fire sprinkler sales, design, and/or project management.
- Experience in commercial, residential, and industrial areas of the fire protection industry is preferred.
- Willingness to assist with miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Developing cooperative relationships with others, including owners and General Contractors.
- Reviewing construction project plans, requirements, drawings, and specifications.
- Performing hazard analysis and value engineering tasks for design/build projects.
- Preparing cost estimates and determining project constructability.
- Securing plans and designs for developing pricing and proposals, acquiring subcontract pricing, and complying with code and permit requirements.
- Maintaining contact with subcontractors of various trades and working to expand AFPG’s list of qualified subcontractors.
- Establishing contact with potential qualified buyers by diligently scheduling sales calls, following up on leads quickly after they’re identified, and helping to execute outlined marketing strategies.
- Working with customers to define their needs and developing solutions that meet them.
- Developing and maintaining an active proposal backlog that supports the established sales plan.
- Maintaining historical record of all sales and bidding documents/stats.
- Providing input that serves to improve company-wide business processes and systems.
- Submitting all required sales reports, data, expenses, and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conducting coordination with Design and Operations Departments to ensure proper handoff of job information.
- Other duties as assigned and as the business needs adjust.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.