Careers at VFP Fire Systems
Fire Extinguisher and Suppression System InspectorLocation: Fort Wayne, IN
The function of this position is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspection and testing of the fire extinguisher and suppression system equipment as well as conducting preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturer’s equipment.
- Knowledge of NFPA codes
- NICET II Certification and NICET III within 3 years
- Ability to work independently and with proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong oral and written communications skills; ability to professionally communicate with all levels of leadership, customers, and employees.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, ability to be resourceful and proactive when completing duties
- Willingness to assist with miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Perform annual, semiannual, quarterly and monthly inspections of all fire extinguisher and suppression systems
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind always
- Daily communications with Inspection & Service Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements, and general status of jobs
- All work is performed to NFPA and Company standards with quality inspection and installation techniques practiced
- Complete all inspection paperwork daily and on each site
- Deliver all paperwork to the Inspection Manager daily
- Customer focused interpersonal skills and proven ability to build long term customer relationships
- Other duties as assigned and as the business needs adjust.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.