Alarm, Detection & Monitoring
Early detection and notification of a fire is critical in life safety and fire protection systems. VFP provides the latest and most reliable technology available that will detect smoke and heat in its developing stage to alert occupants in the event of a fire. The consequences of a deficient fire alarm system can result in a devastating loss of life and property.
Our expert team of engineers and licensed technicians are continuously trained to remain current with the ever-changing technology trends. Whether your system needs to be replaced or updated, we can provide inspection, service and training for your fire alarm system.
VFP’s fire alarm and detection specialists are trained in commercial, industrial, special hazard and residential applications and can tailor a system to best meet facility specifications and national and local regulatory codes.
Our team of engineers and technicians can equip your facility with the required alarm and detection equipment.
- Smoke and Heat Detection Systems
- Flame Detection Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems and Control Panels
- Indicating Devices
- Smoke and Fan Controls
- Conventional Detection Products
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Certification
- Testing, Inspection and Monitoring Devices
- Auxiliary Devices
- Voice Evacuation Systems
Repair, Service & Inspection
Proper fire alarm testing, inspection and maintenance can help save lives and property.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) mandates that all fire alarm systems in protected premises be tested regularly. Local fire codes and insurance companies may require more frequent testing.
VFP’s team of trained technicians can regularly test, inspect, service and repair your fire alarm system to assure optimum system performance.
- Check the fire alarm panel to ensure alarm initiating devices are functioning properly at the time of inspection
- Verify alarm indicating devise is functioning properly at the time of inspection
- Verify supervisory signal initiating devices is functioning properly at the time of inspection
- Verify system power supplies, including battery backups, are sufficient at the time of inspection
- Load testing of batteries
- Clean detectors with compressed air
- Test functionality of detectors with test smoke
- Check every known pull station for accessibility
- Verify points being monitored are correct at the time of inspection (if the facility has a remote annunciator)
- Verify signal reached the monitoring company’s office (if the system is monitored)
New fire codes mandate that every other year your smoke detection device must have a sensitivity test in addition to the functional test. VFP can perform this test with our state-of-the-art Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listed equipment.
VFP can monitor your fire alarm system with our UL listed monitoring company. This service can provide you with peace of mind knowing your facility is protected 24-hours a day.
Reliable notification and detection fire alarm systems are vital in protecting people and properties. For more information or to request a quote for your alarm, detection and monitoring needs, contact us today.